Homemade Chicken Shawarma Recipe
So Today … Let’s mention this amazing Recipe, Yes! You heard right we are talking about “Homemade Chicken Shawarma Recipe “
This easy, healthy and homemade chicken shawarma may be a huge famous and fan-favorite around here, for therefore many good reason!
I’m telling you, Chicken shawarma is the epitome(personification) of seductive Middle Eastern flavors. And the good news is, I have found an easy way to make it at home with the same authentic flavors!
If you are a non-vegetarian lover and like to experiment with yummy recipes, then Chicken Shawarma will be a perfect dish for you.
This mouth-watering recipe is prepared using simple ingredients or containers like boneless chicken, vinegar, curly parsley, lemon juice, black pepper, garlic, tahini and lettuce leaf, which makes this recipe simply hard to resist.
The secret is in the simple shawarma spice mixture, which makes all the differences.
If you are holding a party then you can include this tasty dish in your menu.
ground cumin : ¾ tbsp
turmeric powder : ¾ tbsp
ground coriander : ¾ tbsp
garlic powder : ¾ tbsp
paprika : ¾ tbsp
ground cloves : ½ tsp
cayenne pepper, more if you prefer : ½ tsp
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
large onion, thinly sliced :1
large lemon :1, juice of
Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil : ⅓ cup
pita pockets :6
Tahini sauce or Greek Tzatziki sauce
Ingredient Mediterranean Salad : 1
Pickles or kalmata olives (optional)
What is Chicken Shawarma?
- Chicken shawarma is basically well-marinated chicken, layered on a vertical rotisserie or you can call spit where it’s slow-roasted for days–in its own juices and fat–until perfectly tender and extra flavorful!
How to make chicken shawarma at home?
- Make the shawarma spice mixture. Then simply add the spices into a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Cut up some boneless peices , skinless chicken thighs into small bite-size pieces (you can use chicken breast if you like, this is just my personal opinion).
- Spice the chicken up, make sure to coat the chicken mix well with the spice mixture.
- Add onions, lemon juice and extra olive oil.
- If you have the time, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight (if you don’t, you can skip the marinating part, it’ll still be delicious)
- When it’s ready, then next lay the chicken shawarma on a large sheet pan and bake in 425 degrees heated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
How to Serve Chicken Shawarma?
- The true Middle Eastern way to serve chicken shawarma is in pita pockets(wraps) with heaps of veggies and a very good deal of sauce.
- I like the idea of loaded pita pockets. And for the veggies, peppery arugula and next my simple 3-ingredient Mediterranean salad.
- As with beef shawarama, you can serve chicken shawarma with a drizzle of tahini sauce.
- It’s also common to use a white yogurt-based sauce just like Greek Tzatziki Sauce.
- if you’re looking for a fun way to serve a larger crowd, think of doing chicken shawarma sliders!
Is Shawarma Healthy To Eat?
- Shawarma might be an easy snack to grab on the go, but it is very far from a healthy one.
- The marinated strips that are shaved faraway from the rotating cone(spin) of meat have already got fat running through them, and more likely than not, then they’re going to are doused(soak) with yet more during the simplest cooking procedure.
- This spice marinated meat is usually a fattier cut of lamb, beef, veal or chicken that’s further spice marinated meat in additional fat.
- Thanks to its less-than-healthy cooking method, chicken shawarma typically run in the 600-calorie neighborhood, once you’ve added in the pita and sauces.
- Skip it to maintain your toned flat stomach.
- To serve it, the joint owner would typically shave a layer of chicken shawarma off the spit and pile it up into a pita pocket, jazz it with tahini sauce then heaps upon tons of fresh toppings.
So, …that’s all !! ..I hope you loved and found this post – “Homemade Chicken Shawarma Recipe”
You may also like the amazing Chinese Pakoda Recipe
:> Because I always Love and like to write down articles that are useful to update our Food knowledge
:> And most significantly don’t forget to subscribe to my website. Thefoodchrome
:>So that you’ll get the notification whenever I upload a New post could also be related with “Food Knowledge “. in particular So I request you to remain updated with us ;
:>If you discover my posts useful do discuss the post you wish the foremost and Do Share these posts together with your Friends and Family…
:> Please Follow us on Social Media given Below — We” ll share more useful knowledge with you All.
:>Have Questions? be happy to contact us at email@example.com
:> To see some awesome healthy and tasty food recipes also check simplexfood
:> Your Opinions Are Always Best for us –> So Please Inbox us your Suggestion