Punjabi Chole Bhature Recipe
What is chole bhature?
Today let’s try to make homemade vanilla cake …..Yes!!!! You heard right we are talking about “Punjabi Chole Bhature Recipe ”
- Chole Bhature is one of the appealing and famous dishes from Punjabi Cooking.
- This is one of such dishes which can be found almost everywhere in India.
- Be it a restaurant, street shops, or roadside eateries, ‘Dhaba’, you will find chole bhature everywhere .
- This dish is one of the most eaten breakfast in the Northern part of India.
- It can also be served as a breakfast as well as lunch or dinner.
Maida – 2 Cup
Fava / semolina (fine) – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Naking soda – ¼ tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Oil – 2tbsp
Curd – ¼ cup
Eater (for kneading)
Oil (for frying)
For pressure cooking chole:
Chana / chickpea (soaked overnight) – 1 cup
Tea bags – 2
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Water – 3 cup
For chole preparation:
Oil – 2 tbsp
Leaf – 1 bay
Cardamom – 1 black
Cardamom – 2 pod
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Cumin / jeera – 1 tsp
Uri methi – ½ tsp
Onion (finely chopped) – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Aamchur – 1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Tomato puree – 1½ cup
Coriander (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
Fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves
- Pressure cook soaked Kabuli chana (chickpea) with the tea bags, water, salt, garlic cloves, and whole spices (Indian masala) for 4 whistles on high heat.
- Turn the heat to medium and pressure cook for about 15 minutes or until they become soft.
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker take soaked chana.
- I have soaked chana in water for 8 hours.
- Add 2 tea bags, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt and 3 cups of water.
- Cover and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- If you do not have tea bags, then you can prepare tea decoction (kadha) and add to cooker.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and dispose of the tea bags.
- In a large kadai, heat 2 tbsp oil, 1 bay leaf(Tej patta), 1 black cardamom(Kali ilaici) , 2 pod cardamom(Phalee ilaichi), 1 inch cinnamon(Dalchini), 1 tsp cumin(Jeera), ½ tsp kasuri methi. saute(talna) on low flame until the spices turn aroamtic.
- Now add 1 onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute until onions gets a golden brown texture
- Add ¼ tsp turmeric(Halad), 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder(Dhaniya powder), ½ tsp cumin powder(jeera powder), ½ tsp garam masala, 1 tsp aamchur and ¼ tsp salt.
- Cook on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
- Further add 1½ cup tomato puree and cook until the oil separates.
- To prepare tomato puree, i have blended 2 and half ripened tomatoes in blender without adding water.
- Now add boiled chole and mix well. adjust consistency by adding water if required.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chole absorbs all the flavour.
- To prepare the tempering, heat ghee in a pan(1 tbsp).
- Add 2 chilli, ¼ tsp turmeric(Halad), ¼ tsp chilli powder and ¼ tsp garam masala.
- Saute on low flame without burning the spices.
- Pour the tempering over the chole masala, add 2 tbsp coriander(Dhaniya) and mix well.
- Finally, chole bhature is ready to enjoy with some onions(As per your choice).
For The Bhature:
- Combine the flour(Aata), semolina(Suji), oil, salt, sugar and baking powder and mix well.Now, add yogurt and mix well.
- Knead into a firm dough without using warm water.
- Apply little oil and cover it with a muslin cloth.
- Let it rise for 2-3 hours .Divide it into 6-8 equal portions.
- Using a rolling pin, roll it out into an oval(Egg) shape.
- Repeat the same with all the dough balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute the bhatura in hot oil.
- Deep fry till the bhaturas puff up and both sides are slightly golden brown in color.
- Garnish chole with ginger slices, coriander, and onions.
- Now Serve the bhature with the prepared chole, onions, pickle, and lemon wedges.
- adding soda gives nice texture to the puri.
- do not over-sweet the dough(Lotee), as it will get difficult to roll it later.
- also, make sure the oil is super hot. else the bhatura will not puff up.
- Chole bhatura dish taste great when served hot.
So, …that’s all !! ..I hope you found this post – Punjabi Chole Bhature Recipe
You may also like – Homemade chicken Shawarma
:> Because I always Love and like to write down articles that are useful to update our Food knowledge
:> And most significantly don’t forget to subscribe to my website. Thefoodchrome
:>So that you’ll get the notification whenever I upload a New post could also be related with “Food Knowledge “. in particular So I request you to remain updated with us ;
:>If you discover my posts useful do discuss the post you wish the foremost and Do Share these posts together with your Friends and Family…
:> Please Follow us on Social Media given Below — We” ll share more useful knowledge with you All.
:>Have Questions? be happy to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
:> To see some awesome healthy and tasty food recipes also check simplexfood
:> Your Opinions Are Always Best for us –> So Please Inbox us your Suggestion